Arthur S. Alexion on Mon, 11 Nov 2002 08:40:07 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Business DSL reccomendation?

On Mon, 2002-11-11 at 01:17, Forge wrote:
> Arthur S. Alexion wrote:
>
> >On Thursday 07 November 2002 01:20 pm, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:

> >>DCANet, who is local to the Philly area, was cheaper than Speakeasy
> >>and equally competent when I checked things out.
> >>

> >Here's the difference.  I have heard equally good things about DCA.
> >HOWEVER....
> >
> >DCA's business pricing was far higher than everyone was getting on
> >their personal pricing.  Most DCA subscribers on this list with
> >personal plans were talking about total pricing of about $50/month.  I
> >called about a business plan and was quoted a minimum of $160 or more.
> >

> I pay a shade over 100$/month for my psuedo-business home line.

My quote was for an office that could not be mistaken for a home, though
the volume or amount of use was not any more -- likely less due to only
two users and limited hours.

(Along similar lines, I've heard of people getting cheaper residential
phone service for home offices, and, of course you could use @Home cable
when that was the only provider in town and prohibited business use.)

Art