Tobias DiPasquale on Wed, 13 Nov 2002 09:50:07 -0500

Re: [PLUG] evolution/devolution

On Wed, 2002-11-13 at 10:28, Jon Nelson wrote:

> Arthur S. Alexion said:
> > On Tuesday 12 November 2002 09:30 pm, jeff wrote:
>
> > a "user friendly"(TM) script called "red carpet" (TM) decides that it
>
> I know the old addage, "Once bitten, twice shy.", kinda of applies here
> but have you tried up2date?  It's a Redhatish version of apt-get.  I don't
> think it comes with 7.2 but here is a link that tells you how to get it:
>
> http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-7.2-Manual/custom-guide/rhnetwork.html
>
> It has helped me through some tough installs with a multitude of
> dependancies.  I have even used it to upgade my kernel.  It hasn't broken
> anything _yet_.

Yeah, but what's even better than that is apt-rpm. Works just like
apt-get and replaces any complications with a simple, one-command
install process that resolves dependencies for you and doesn't break
things.

--
<< Tobias DiPasquale >> | UNIX Software Engineer | http://cbcg.net/