Jon Nelson on Wed, 13 Nov 2002 19:20:06 -0500

Re: [PLUG] evolution/devolution

Arthur S. Alexion said:

> That is exactly what I did.  (up2date does come with RH 7.2)
> Unfortunately, Red Carpet(TM) broke up2date, replacing it with
> up2date-gnome
>
> <spilled milk>I should have backed up first</spilled milk>
> --

I've never liked Red Carpet.  I installed it and I was not happy with it's
performance and tried to get rid of it with not a lot of success and
eventually reinstalled RH.  up2date on the other hand, I have been really
happy with and does a good job of installing/upgrading single/multiple
packages.  Never tried apt-rpm.

You can always wipe up spilled milk. ;)

Trooper Jon S. Nelson, Linux Certified Admin.
Pa. State Police, Bureau of Criminal Investigation
Computer Crimes Unit
W-610.344.4471/P-866.284.1603/jonelson@state.pa.us