Jon Nelson on Sat, 16 Nov 2002 12:30:20 -0500

Re: [PLUG] LAN on RedHat?

Brian Spooner said:
> Hi,
>
> I have been running RedHat 7.3 on a DSL line for some time.  Recently I
> installed a wireless lan behind it, and was surprised to find that there
> appeared to be no support for the lan.

Did you have everything hooked up when you installed Mandrake?  That's
probably why it worked out of the box.  It would probably do the same
thing with RedHat.  It sounds like you needed the proper modules installed
and/or might have needed to recompile.

Here is a HOWTO in any case:

http://www.europe.redhat.com/documentation/HOWTO/Wireless-HOWTO-2.php3

--
Trooper Jon S. Nelson, Linux Certified Admin.
Pa. State Police, Bureau of Criminal Investigation