JP Toto on Tue, 19 Nov 2002 16:10:26 -0500

[PLUG] Debian Kernel Problem

Hi all, Im still getting up to speed on Debian but
it's going well so far. Here's my first real snag:

I switched to the 2.4.18 kernel via apt-get. That went
fine but I wanted to recompile to change a few things.
When I try to "make menuconfig" I get an error
complaining that "Ncurses is not installed". Synaptic,
however, reports that it IS installed. When I try to
apt-get install ncurses I get a message saying that
there is no version available but that ncurses is
installed. Im guess errors are related but I don't
know how to resolve them. Any suggestions would be
great. Thanks!

Cheers, - JP

=====
JP Toto