christophe barbe on Tue, 19 Nov 2002 18:10:07 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Debian Kernel Problem

Manke menuconfig want to compile against the ncurses lib so you need:

apt-get install libncurses5-dev

Also make sure you know about kernel-package which is the debian (and
very convenient) way to build a kernel and others kernel modules.

Christophe

On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 12:57:52PM -0800, JP Toto wrote:
> Hi all, Im still getting up to speed on Debian but
> it's going well so far. Here's my first real snag:
>
> I switched to the 2.4.18 kernel via apt-get. That went
> fine but I wanted to recompile to change a few things.
> When I try to "make menuconfig" I get an error
> complaining that "Ncurses is not installed". Synaptic,
> however, reports that it IS installed. When I try to
> apt-get install ncurses I get a message saying that
> there is no version available but that ncurses is
> installed. Im guess errors are related but I don't
> know how to resolve them. Any suggestions would be
> great. Thanks!
>
> Cheers, - JP
>
> =====
> JP Toto
> ViceClown@yahoo.com
> jp@totonet.org

Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are God.