Marc Zucchelli on Tue, 19 Nov 2002 18:40:06 -0500

[PLUG] slackware installation

We have a dell poweredge 2400 at work.  It's
configured with 2 hardware scsi raid 5 arrays, and a
scsi cdrom.  I installed redhat 6.1 on the box a
couple of years back with no problem, everything was
automated.  Now I'm trying to install slackware 8.1 on
it.  I have a bootable slackware 8.1 cd, I booted with
the raid.s kernel so it would see the raid 5 array.
The problem is, when setup asks me to select the
source media (which is the cdrom), it won't detect the
cdrom there.  At first I assumed that is because I
booted with raid.s instead of scsi.s (which didn't
work with the raid 5 anyway, but when I booted with
scsi.s it still did not see the cdrom.

I'm sure I can go out of my way, make my own kernel,
put it on my own slackware cdrom, etc, etc, and
eventually get things to work, but is there is a
simpler way?  Is there something that I am missing?  I
do not mess with raid and scsi every day.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

Marc