epike on Thu, 21 Nov 2002 11:20:07 -0500

Re: [PLUG] rsync + ssh question

> Your aware that large data transfers via SSH *really* hurt the
> processor, right?

hmmm ... no.  thanks for pointing it out.

> If anyone gets those keys, you've lost, reformat the box.

Rsync was the simplest way I could think of--seems I will have
to rethink what I'm about to do here..thanks for the alerts.

> Why not sshd instead of telnet? And you don't need to have sendmail
> listening in order to send outgoing SMTP email, only to receive SMTP
> email.

telnet for local net only (192.168.1.x).

havent looked if sendmail is really needed or not, either case
i'll make sure sendmail listens to 127.0.0.1 only if i have to.

> --
> gabriel rosenkoetter
> gr@eclipsed.net

thanks!