borawski on Thu, 21 Nov 2002 12:30:07 -0500

[PLUG] Debian Boot Partition

Hi, I am playing around with different boot options using Debian
Potato.

I tried to boot from a kernel stored in separate partition (16M).

I copied all the contents of the original boot directory to the new
partition. I setup fstab to mount the partition under /boot, then I
ran lilo.  I assume this updated the vmlinuz symlink under /.

It did not work.  Lilo was in some kind of strange loop.

So, I set things back to the boot directory under / and all is well.

What does one have to do to boot a kernel on a separate partition. Do
I merely need to make a vmlinuz symlink under / on the boot partiton ?