gabriel rosenkoetter on Thu, 21 Nov 2002 12:40:09 -0500

[PLUG] Re: security.debian.org up in flames (and others) (fwd)

One hopes that those of you using Debian have seen this already
through the Debian security mailing lists.

But if not...

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net

----- Forwarded message from martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> -----

From: martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org>
Subject: Re: security.debian.org up in flames (and others)
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 16:48:07 +0100
To: unizh debian club <debian-unizh@madduck.net>,
	slug <slug@sccs.swarthmore.edu>, mlug <linux-ug@leo.org>,
	network gurus <cong@agouros.de>

excuse me, i am a little behind on the news. nevertheless:

> Use the following lines in /etc/apt/sources.list instead, until
> klecker.debian.org is set up to become security.debian.org. This will
> probably happen within the next 24 hours, but don't hold me
> responsible if not.

it did happen, within 8 hours of my posting too. so for completeness,
make sure the following lines are in your /etc/apt/sources.list file:

for those running woody:
  deb http://security.debian.org/ woody/updates main contrib non-free

for those running stable (== woody currently):
  deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main contrib non-free

for those running testing:
  deb http://security.debian.org/ testing/updates main contrib non-free

and don't forget to apt-get update && apt-get upgrade at *least* once
a week.

`. `'`