gabriel rosenkoetter on Thu, 21 Nov 2002 12:50:05 -0500

Re: [PLUG] rsync + ssh question

On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 11:12:02AM -0500, epike@isinet.com wrote:
> Rsync was the simplest way I could think of--seems I will have
> to rethink what I'm about to do here..thanks for the alerts.

Well, like I said, I *have* used rsync to distribute password and
shadow files on *purpose*.

It's quite possible that your network is constructed in such a way
that it's safe, so don't take my warnings as meaning you shouldn't
do it, just do be very careful of the security, that's all.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net