Tobias DiPasquale on Thu, 28 Nov 2002 11:20:08 -0500

Re: [PLUG] [debian question] Using journaling fs with woody install

On Thu, 2002-11-28 at 11:02, Mike Leone wrote:
> I'm trying to install woody (aka Debian v3). Here's the thing - the disk I'm
> using already has ext2 and ReiserFS partitions. I figured I'd just
> initialize the partition (to clear it), and then mount it. But when I tell
> it to initialize a Linux partition, it initializes it as ext2 ... even tho
> fdisk shows it's type as ReiserFS, during the "Partition a hard disk" phase. :-)
>
> So what am I doing wrong? I'd like either ReiserFS or ext3, but the
> initialize partition command seems to want to use ext2.

I don't think the Debian installer can handle ReiserFS partitions. I
think it only does ext2 and swap. I tried to do a similar thing with
Debian and ext3, and I had to add the journal post-installation because
the installer only handled ext2. I might be wrong on this one, but I've
never heard of anyone doing what you're talking about...

--
<< Tobias DiPasquale >>
UNIX Software Engineer