Charles Stack on Tue, 3 Dec 2002 10:50:06 -0500

RE: [PLUG] Clueful Philly recruitment consultants?

I tend not to use any recruiter that puts it to *YOU* if you don't stay a
minimum specified time period.  If the recruiter does their job, *THEY*
should find a match for *YOU* where you will want to stay.

I *STRONGLY* suggest that before you sign with a recuiting firm that you
look over their "contract" very carefully.  YOU should not be liable for
anything if the job doesn't work out (let alone 10% or more of your salary).

My preference is for Texcel (www.texcelinc.com) where the hiring company
pays the fee if you stay a minimum time period or they don't get paid.  As a
job hunter, they worked hard for me.  As a hiring manager, I've been very
pleased with their performance.  I've found their recruiters more aware of
the industry and willing to find *YOU* the right job rather than trying to
sell you something you really don't want.

Noah, I remember you from my visit to Gateway.  They were my second choice 3
years ago.  Sorry things didn't work out for you.

Charles