Kevin Brosius on Fri, 6 Dec 2002 17:33:15 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Copy Window harddrive using a Linux boot floppy?

Do newer versions of xcopy handle long filenames?  I had trouble in the
past because DOS 6 and Win95 (iirc) xcopy do not handle the long
filename info.  That will leave your new partition copies mangled for
Windows use.

I ended up using xcopy (or maybe Norton Commander, same thing) along
with a third party utility that would backup long filenames and then
restore them after a copy operation.  It was a freeware/shareware
utility, although I don't have the name in front of me.

Kevin