Brian Spooner on Sat, 7 Dec 2002 18:50:05 -0500

RE: [PLUG] LAN on RedHat?

Brad

The only reason I did not acknowldge you help earlier (see your message
below) is that when I installed RedHat 8.0 I found I had a bigger problem.
Briefly, during installation, at the network stage, I got an error message
(which unfortunately I do not remember).  when installation was completed
the network connection did not come up, though /sbin/ifconfig shows the
appropriate data (IP address, MAC address etc., though it shows it as eth1
rather than eth0 which I would have expected) when I bring up
redhat-config-network to try to work out the problem, I get the following
error messages:

** (neat:1704): WARNING **: could not find handler
'on_cancelButton_clicked'
ditto on_deviceNameEntry_insert_text
ditto on_okButton_clicked
ditto on_deviceNameEntry_changed
ditto on_routeAddButton_clicked

and so on. there are 15 more like this.  can you tell me what sort of
problem this is, and how I might fix it?

thanks for your help.
brian

Brian Spooner
Anthropology