Jeff Abrahamson on Sat, 7 Dec 2002 17:20:12 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Corrupted inbox

On Fri, Dec 06, 2002 at 07:13:55PM -0500, Arthur S. Alexion wrote:
> My inbox somehow got corrupted.  In mutt messages seem to start and end
> in ramdom places meaning that the beginning of the next message is part
> of the current message.  In kmail, which I usually use, messages seem
> to  get trashed as I select them.  That is, When I select the most
> recent message, what is displayed is the middle of some message with no
> headers, and the message is moved to the top of the list where old and
> undated messages are usually placed.
>
> This only is happening to my inbox, not my other folders.
>
> I seem to recall some utility for repairing corrupted inboxes, but
> can't seem to find it.  Any suggestions?

First, if you haven't done it yet, move the inbox somewhere where it
won't be touched accidentally, and make a copy of that, so that you
can afford to make a few mistakes before you figure out the right way
to fix it.

Take a look at it under emacs or something and see if you can see
what's going on. The mbox format is pretty regular and easy.

--
 Jeff