Jon Nelson on Sun, 8 Dec 2002 00:11:05 -0500

Re: [PLUG] RH compile help - Thank you!

W. Chris Shank said:
> Anyway - I'm now able to successfully get sbp2, ohci1394 loaded - in
> fact - they load by default in rh stock kernel. what i've discovered is
> that i need to rmmod ohci1394 and sbp2 then modprobe ohci1394 to reload
> them both. once i do that, they firewire cd is available as scd0.

After doing some poking around on the net it looks like 'modprobe
ohci1394' also loads ieee1394.  Maybe do a lsmod after bootup and see if
it's there, if not add it to modules.conf.  Another way is to make an init
script to rmmod and modprobe the correct modules for runlevel 3 and 5.

Jon
--
Trooper Jon S. Nelson, Linux Certified Admin.
Pa. State Police, Bureau of Criminal Investigation