Walt Mankowski on Wed, 11 Dec 2002 15:00:07 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Mutt is haywire

On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 02:21:12PM -0500, eric@lucii.org wrote:
> I need some help desperately.
>
> I use mutt.  It's worked fine for over a year.  Suddenly, I
> cannot compose an email to send.  The program freezes when it
> goes to open the output file to edit.  I have to kill the terminal.
>
> The only thing that changed was I recently rebooted and had to
> run fsck because the machine was powered down before the reboot
> was complete (different story for different day).
>
> Since that time I've not been able to compose an email.
>
> It creates the temporary output file in /tmp but never opens
> it up to edit.
>
> I've moved .muttrc and .mailcap to other names without success.
>
> Anybody have any ideas what's going on?

What do you have "editor" set to?  Mine is set to "emacs".
Occasionally I run into trouble because it tries to open a new window
but can't.  The most common causes are that DISPLAY is set
incorrectly, or I'm connecting remotely and can't run any X apps.

Walt