eric on Wed, 11 Dec 2002 14:40:08 -0500

[PLUG] Mutt is haywire

I need some help desperately.

I use mutt.  It's worked fine for over a year.  Suddenly, I
cannot compose an email to send.  The program freezes when it
goes to open the output file to edit.  I have to kill the terminal.

The only thing that changed was I recently rebooted and had to
run fsck because the machine was powered down before the reboot
was complete (different story for different day).

Since that time I've not been able to compose an email.

It creates the temporary output file in /tmp but never opens
it up to edit.

I've moved .muttrc and .mailcap to other names without success.

Anybody have any ideas what's going on?

TIA!

Eric Lucas