Paul on Tue, 17 Dec 2002 19:20:09 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Netraverse LUG Sponsorship Program

That was part of my point earlier. If you start by becoming dependent on a Windows program, then it seems like a big deal to move to Linux. But, if you start with Linux, then you should be able to do everything you need to do on Linux. Although, the advanced 3D game selection isn't that good. Which reminds me of something I read (that might be a little out of date); Mac for productivity, Linux for development, and Windows for Solitare. Same idea, but change the game to something like Combat Flight Simulator or Mech Warrior.

There's a few of those little differences that I notice.  Certainly
doesn't make it unusable, just a little harder if you've been using
Excel for 10 years or so.