jeff on Mon, 23 Dec 2002 22:41:03 -0500

Re: [PLUG] GUI refusal-solved

Sean and Stephen-
thanks a lot for your valuable assistance. I read what you suggested and it's all fixed.

When I say all fixed, I mean I spent way too much time in front of the box without success (due to inexperience and laziness). Finding myself in King of Prussia yesterday, I hit the computer show. Got a great deal on a heap-o-parts and built a new one. Just installed Debian and will xfer mail over from old box.

See how simple it was?

AMD Athlon 2000+
512M ddr
40g hd
CDRW

The GUI comes RIGHT UP.  I feel especially MANLY tonight.

P.S. if your new box spins the CPU fan and stops, check to see that your power supply isn't set to 220. Bloody hell. Vendor tells me they're coming out of the box that way.