Kevin Brosius on Mon, 23 Dec 2002 09:30:32 -0500

Re: [PLUG] GUI refusal

Stephen Gran wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 21, 2002 at 11:30:47PM -0500, jeff said:
> > http://www.op.net/~jeffv/XFree86.0.log
>
> Looks fine - does your ~/.xsession-errors have anything in it?

I'd have to agree.  You probably have a wm/desktop problem, not a
xfree86 problem.  You can check by doing the following:

>From the console start xfree86 by typing:

Wait for the server to start.  You should get the gray background (X
root weave), mouse pointer and it should be stable.  Mouse should move
and the server should stay up without failing.

Exit with:
Ctl-Alt-BkSpc

If that all works cleanly, then it's not an xserver problem and nothing
in XF86Config will help you.

What window manager or desktop environment where you running?

--
Kevin Brosius