Kevin D. McAllister on Fri, 27 Dec 2002 13:30:32 -0500

Re: [PLUG] spamassassin

* Fri, Dec 27, 2002 at 09:28:02AM -0500, Paul wrote:
> I like to receive the SPAM marked messages so I can review them and try
> to unsubscribe.  In my case, I wish Spamassassin only modified the title
> and not the body of the message so it would be easier to read HTML
> messages.  Is there a way to configure it that way?

Yes.

details can be found here:
http://spamassassin.org/doc/Mail_SpamAssassin_Conf.html

Also here is the email that I sent on a similar subject that is not
100% related:

From: "Kevin D. McAllister" <kevin@mcallister.ws>
Subject: Re: SpamAssassin

I it is possible to do what he wants.  If he wants to do it sitewide
he would have to edit the 10_misc.cf file which on my redhat box is
located in /usr/share/spamassassin

He could simpy append these settings to the end of the file:
report_header 0
spam_level_stars 0
rewrite_subject 1
use_terse_report 1
clear-terse-report-template
clear-report-template

Essentially All this does is tell SA not to put the report in the
header but write a terse report into the body of the message, but
invoking clear-terse-report-template should leave the terse-report
blank.

Asserting rewrite_subject should cause it to add that '*****SPAM*****'
tag to the subject line.  He can also edit this by setting

subject_tag -SPAM-

or something like that.

IF he doesn't want to do it sitewide he can override the 10_misc.cf
file with changes in his $HOME/.spamassassin/user_prefs file

OF course I prefer to keep the SA markup in the header, and filter on
it with procmail.  And if I need the markup removed just pipe the
message through 'spamassassin -d' which will delete the markout and
spit it back via STDOUT

Many details can be found here:

--
Kevin D. McAllister