M.Simons on Mon, 30 Dec 2002 01:50:30 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Jobs

Can we say that by "give us a resume" means "my resume is at
http://www.joeiam.com/resumeexamplefile.html"; rather than posting a whole
resume to the list? [They're typically a bit too long.] (With enough of a
description of what you are/what it says that we are actually interested
in looking, or know that there is either a reason, or not a reason
to?) Also, it's better to have a location, because 1) I think we have a
resume links page off the plug site, if anybody cares to add to that
section, and 2) if you wish to refer people, look at it tomorrow,
etc.   It's one thing if a recruiter or someone potentially with a job
says "send me a resume in email" but that is not to the entire list.
Nothing personal, Chris, after all it was asked for. :)

On Sun, 29 Dec 2002, Chris Hedemark wrote:
> > - Give us a resume! Being a Linux newbie but knowing about computers

> Here's my resume in plain text (it might paste funny so forgive any
> formatting oddities):
> •Migrated e-mail server from third party to in-house hosting at Eastern
> Omicron’s home office, and provided occasional internal network support

Well, it may be plaintext but it's not exactly from a plain text file..
notice the control characters which I assume are 1) bullet points which
are not standard characters such as periods or asteriks. and 2) curved
apostrophes/singlequotes which are not the standard '
This is a pet peeve of mine.

--
msimons@slackware.com INFORMATION*MEDIA*PHOTOGRAPHY msimonsmail@yahoo.com
Creative Arts Resource Project : PTMaterials Exchange : www.pleasetake.org