epike on Tue, 31 Dec 2002 12:01:07 -0500

Re: [PLUG] apache+ssl question

> This configuration doesn't make sense. If you're using named virtual
> hosts, use them. If not, don't enable the option.

But it works.  I've been using this form for awhile now
to host virtual hosts(2+ years):

NameVirtualHost 1.2.3.4

---------------------
<VirtualHost 1.2.3.4>
ServerName host1
<VirtualHost 1.2.3.4>
ServerName host2
---------------------

Followed your advice and tested using this:

---------------------
NameVirtualHost 1.2.3.4
<VirtualHost host1>
ServerName host1
<VirtualHost host2>
ServerName host2
---------------------

As usual, I get errors like:

[warn] VirtualHost xxxxxxxxxx:80
overlaps with VirtualHost yyyyyyyyyyy:80,
the first has precedence, perhaps you need a
NameVirtualHost directive

Putting :443 doesnt work either.

what am i doing wrong?

thanks