Paul on Tue, 31 Dec 2002 11:42:04 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Re: SAMBA weirdness

Is it a problem if the Windows machines have null passwords? Every
time they boot, we get a username/password prompt. The username is
already there; we just tap <enter> and we're in.

If you don't want to type in passwords, switch to "Windows Login" instead of "Client for Microsoft Networks". The first time you are prompted for a password, but press enter and it will never prompt you again.

One of the things I was going to mention earlier is to make sure the printer daemon (lpd?) is running on the server.

(I just learned about "use client driver = yes" which sounds like it could be very useful to me!)