gabriel rosenkoetter on Mon, 06 Jan 2003 02:21:05 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Paul McCartney in Swahili

On Sun, Jan 05, 2003 at 10:41:23PM -0500, jeff wrote:
> `man xmms' doesn't seem to indicate any options to fix this.  Seems to
> be the same with other players too (when they aren't crashing).  Is my
> machine's audio caught in a temporal dysplasia?  What *is* a temporal
> dysplasia?  Stay tuned, kids.

Tried mplayer?

Since it's using basically the same libraries that the XMMS stuff
is, I'm not too sure it'll be better, but XMMS uses preemptive
pthreads, which may explain its lagginess.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net