eric@lucii.org on Mon, 06 Jan 2003 07:01:05 -0500

[PLUG] fetchmail, POP, and directories

My domain host offered me a free upgrade to my service
and I took it.  It's on another server and there is some
transition time where both servers are running and the
email is being delivered to either one (depends on the
routing - I changed the registrar of the domain and,
therefore, the nameservers too).

The problem I'm having is that I cannot get the email from
the new server.  I use fetchmail.  On the old server the
POP server got the mail from my directory, not from /var/spool/mail.
On the new server, POP looks in /var/spool/mail but the mail is
in my directory.

Is this my fault or the configuration of the POP server?
If it's my fault, how to I tell fetchmail to look elsewhere to
get the mail?  I don't see and option (for POP3) to set that.

TIA

Eric