Edward M. Corrado on Thu, 09 Jan 2003 12:21:07 -0500

Linux on SPARC (was Re: [PLUG] OT Sparc)

On Thu, 9 Jan 2003, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:

> Debian will almost definitely be this mailing lists recommendation.
> :^>

Debian was one that I was thinking about trying. I haven't run Debian
since something like version 0.92 (I know it was pre 1.0). I think I still
have all of the floppies I installed it with somewhere.

I was also thinking about Splack or Suse, but I'm not sure how up-to-date
either of them are. The newest thing on the Splack page on Sourceforge is
almost 10 months old and the latest version of Suse for Sparc is 7.3
(vs. 8.1 for x86) and I'm not sure if Suse is planning on continuing the
Sparc distro.

Ed C.