Stephen Gran on Thu, 16 Jan 2003 11:21:05 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Recording VCDs

On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 09:10:05AM -0500, gabriel rosenkoetter said:
> On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 10:48:57PM -0500, Molnar, Bradley wrote:
> > As far as doing the conversions and burning under linux, I can't help you
> > there, that is one thing I still use windows for.
>
> I'm sure I saw a package for this go into NetBSD pkgsrc in the past
> few weeks, but I'd sort of rather not go digging through the source
> changes list for it...
>
> Aha, but the first hit on Google for "vcd linux" (aHEM!) probably
> answers most questions:
>
>   http://www.satlug.org/~bigjnsa/vcd-linux.htm

Sorry, I guess I should have been more clear - that was the page I
started from (-:  I have tried to convert the avi's I 've downloaded to
mpeg with the tools that 'Big J' talks about, but they fail with the
error message shown in my original posting.  That's what I'm trying to
understand and work around - like I said, I don't know a whole lot about
video encoding, so I'm not sure how something that 'file' identifies as
an .avi is not the 'right' avi, at least as far as the lav toolset is
concerned.

Sorry for the delay, I was busy for a few days, and thanks for the help
so far.
|  Stephen Gran                  | Everything is possible.  Pass the word. |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | -- Rita Mae Brown, "Six of One"         |