Molnar, Bradley on Mon, 13 Jan 2003 23:01:07 -0500

RE: [PLUG] Recording VCDs

>From what my understanding is, VCD's use MPEG I's (read as MPEG 1)as their
video format.  Super VCD's use MPEG II's (MPEG 2).  For viewing in the US
(presumably) you will need to convert to NTSC format at 29.97 frames/sec.

avi's are not used for VCD.

DVD's use MPEG II's as well.

Not all DVD players will properly recognise and play a burned VCD or Super
VCD (for example, my parent's sony won't play them or even play burned music
cd's) and the Playstation 2 won't play them either.

As far as doing the conversions and burning under linux, I can't help you
there, that is one thing I still use windows for.

-brad