Paul on Fri, 17 Jan 2003 10:14:06 -0500

Re: [PLUG] SCSI cases

you can use a switch to provide PS_ON# (the ground to pin 14) to turn on the supply. After rereading the spec I relized the PS_ON# signal is supposed to be debounced by the power supply so hooking a switch by itself should be okay. In addition pin 11 should be tied to Pins 1 & 2 (it's a

Does the power supply *latch* as well as debounce? I'll have to try it. If a momentary switch is used, which is what ATX cases use, the power supply will only stay on while the switch is being pressed.

etc.) you need the min loads on the +5V & +3.3V outputs to prevent the supply from burning out a component & to prevent whatever is attached from burning out a component.

So, two resistors would be needed? One for the 5V line and another for the 3.3V line?

I'll have to look at one of those ATX testers up close. They look like they only use two wires.