Paul on Wed, 22 Jan 2003 21:57:05 -0500

Re: [PLUG] wireless router

Actually, the same person, Julian Featherston, julian@concentrate.com.au, wrote that the 3.25" can is a good diameter, but the waveguide should be four cans long. Mine will be two cans long. The original was only one can long, 5.62".

Paul wrote:

If the can is over 4" in diameter, the calculator suggests that the cutoff frequencies for your design are too low. Someone suggested that the ideal diameter is about 3.65". My cans have a diameter of 3.25".

Kam Salisbury wrote:

Well. I am doing a directional shot of about 400 feet line of sight. I used
a 48oz juice can an the calculations from a webpage (see links below).

I got my ideas from http://www.turnpoint.net/wireless/cantennahowto.html