Fred K Ollinger on Wed, 29 Jan 2003 10:18:09 -0500

Re: [PLUG] "Friends don't let friends use Dell"

> I know this doesn't matter much at this point, since your Rawhide X
> should work fine, but:
>
> Does RH ship xf86cfg?

I don't think I saw that in an distro w/ XFree4.

> Also, does X -configure probe to anything higher than 640x480? Even
> in VESA modes?

That command works wonders. Once I learned that for XFree86 4, many of
my configuration problems went away for X. If he uses a version of X to
support his video card, this should work regardless of distro. If he
doesn't then, he will be in pain regardless of distro.

Fred