Michael Leone on Fri, 31 Jan 2003 09:41:04 -0500

Re: [PLUG] firewall risk

LeRoy Cressy said:

>> This is an incoming https connection (port 443), right. Why was it
>> blocked, if you allow https into your web server?
>
> Because I don't have https set up on my apachie server

Ah, so you *don't* allow it. (having the server set up to respond to it is
secondary). Even if you did have the server set up for it, it wouldn't see
any traffic, since you disallow it (yes, I realize you'd start allowing
it, if you had set the server up for it). From your original posting, it
sounded like you were allowing https, which is why I was confused by the
DENY.

Member, LEAF Project <http://leaf.sourceforge.net>    AIM: MikeLeone
Public Key - <http://www.mike-leone.com/~turgon/turgon-public-key.asc>
Registered Linux user# 201348