Tobias DiPasquale on Sun, 2 Feb 2003 14:42:09 -0500

Re: [PLUG] OT: wanted busted laptop for use as server

On Sun, 2003-02-02 at 14:18, kaze wrote:
> I'm looking on eBay for a busted laptop to use as server. Plan on attaching
> a parallel port printer, and sharing maybe 1 GB of files. Basically needs
> only to connect to a KVM and Ethernet. (If it has a larger harddrive and OK
> sound I'd use it as a ~.mp3 player too.) Hoping to score something with a
> cracked LCD or other major damage, in other words, cheap.

If you can get there, I saw some REALLY cheap laptops at the Fort
Washington Expo Center yesterday (they're having a computer show). Might
want to check it out. Today's the last day, however, so hurry up. ;-)

--
Tobias DiPasquale
88FA 30C9 1E63 CFE2 CBD8  37C4 DA1C E2BF 1D26 F036