Jeyes, David (371) on Mon, 10 Feb 2003 11:50:31 -0500

[PLUG] (OT) DSL and Taxes

Title: (OT) DSL and Taxes

Hi All,

This isn't linux specific, but I just transferred to Speakeasy from DirecTV and got my first invoice. On top of the $60 bill, there are two separate taxes from the state- each for over 5 bucks! The city tax is about a dollar, but over 11 bucks to the state is almost 20% in tax!

Their sales reps are unable to inform you of what the tax will be when you order, but they have some new system that stacks the tax on top of your bill. Their tech support rep encouraged me to investigate and to let them know if their systems are incorrect, as this is the highest that he's seen.

This could just be new to me, because apparently DirecTV kept these fees transparent. Are others seeing similar outlandish taxes on their broadband?

Thanks,
Dave