Jon Nelson on Mon, 10 Feb 2003 12:51:12 -0500

Re: [PLUG] favicon

Thanks for all you suggestions and links.  Unfortunately I have read all
that material before and didn't find a solution.

I went to www.mcgillsociety.org and the favicon showed up in Konquerer's
Location bar.  I then looked at the source for the page and saw that you
have the "shortcut icon" code in the body and not the head.  I don't know
enough HTML to know if that makes a difference or not.  Also I'm starting
wonder if it is something with Apache.

I changed my link lines to:

<link rel="icon" href="//linuxnotes.net/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="//linuxnotes.net/favicon.ico"
type="image/x-icon">

with negative results.

Thanks again for your help,

Jon

--
Trooper Jon S. Nelson, Linux Certified Admin.
Pa. State Police, Bureau of Criminal Investigation