Eugene Smiley on Wed, 12 Feb 2003 10:11:11 -0500

RE: [PLUG] nis or ldap

I have setup a Samba server as a Windows Primary Domain Controller, and
although setup is no more difficult than anything else under linux, there
are some pitfalls to watch for.

- Keeping passwords sync'd between linux and Samba. (Only a problem if your
MS users also log on to the linux box)
- MS Windows XP has a registry entry for encryption that must be unset for
XP to work properly with Samba.

Eugene