gabriel rosenkoetter on Thu, 13 Feb 2003 13:01:08 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Re: ?????????????????????????

On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 11:20:06AM -0500, Chris Hedemark wrote:
> Note the terminology I used was "held" not "blocked".  Basically I had
> it set up so posts coming from a .jp domain went to a moderator for
> approval first.

But, Chris, posts from an unsubscribed address *already* go to a
moderator first. And, as mct said, we don't seem to have an existing
problem wherein spammers subscribe themselves to the mailing list
and then spam us.

As for the spam that started all this, it only went to plug-admin,
not to the mailing list, which means that your modification wrt .jp
wouldn't have stopped it anyway.

> Obviously if we had a subscriber in .jp it would be an annoyance.
> Since we don't presently have any, it shouldn't effect anyone here.

But this is the kind of thing that gets forgotten and ends up being
unearthed by someone totally separate way down the line.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net