Jeff Abrahamson on Mon, 24 Feb 2003 13:41:03 -0500

Re: [PLUG] whois results don't show contact info

On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 12:57:44PM -0500, Samantha S. Ollinger wrote:
> When I registered my .com I was asked questions about the administrative
> contact, etc which is usually revealed in the whois lookup.
>
> However a whois on mediaresearch.org doesn't show any information from my
> debian box:
> Whois Server Version 1.3
>
> Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered
> with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
> for detailed information.
>
> No match for "MEDIARESEARCH.ORG".

Yes, something weird is going on with .org queries. I noticed the same
thing yesterday. So far, I've not had problems on any .com, .net, or
.int queries, but haven't gotten any .org queries to work. Also debian
here, but I just tried two queries on a redhat box and got the same
results.

--
 Jeff