Martin DiViaio on Tue, 25 Feb 2003 18:07:07 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Kernel issues

Can you have both a floppy drive and the CD-ROM drive in the laptop at the
same time?

If so, make a boot disk and replace it's kernel with whatever kernel you
want. There are some extra files on the boot disk that can be removed
safely to give you some extra room as well.

Anaconda does a checksum of the rpm packages on the CD before attempting
to install it. If the checksum doesn't match what it thinks it should be
then the installer won't run. I don't remember if it worries about any
other files on the CD or not.