Walt Mankowski on Thu, 27 Feb 2003 21:41:03 -0500

Re: [PLUG] GnuPG 1.2.1 trustdb checks for every pubkey import?

On Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 09:11:33PM -0500, David Shaw wrote:
> You went from over a minute to 11 seconds.  Not bad.
>
> Once the sigs are cached, you're eliminating virtually all of the
> crypto processing time.  After that is eliminated, the other variables
> are disk IO speed, CPU speed, and the number of keys in your keyring.
>
> It does take 3-4 seconds for me, but I don't have nearly as many keys
> as you do (369 compared to 2179).

Excellent points.  I'll probably add a cron job to periodically
rebuild the caches to prevent these slowdowns from happening in the
future.  Also, it sounds like things will be even better in the next
release.

Thanks for your help!

Walt