Arthur S. Alexion on Fri, 28 Feb 2003 15:01:07 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Clie and Linux

Thanks, Joe.  First USB device I have tried to use.

Does your visor have removable memory media, and will pilot-link sync
it?

Art
On Thu, 2003-02-27 at 18:53, Joseph B. Welsh wrote:
> Ok,
> The biggest thing to do is either make or change the the /dev/pilot link
> to point to the USB entries in /dev
>
> On older kernels and not using DEVFS you would link /dev/pilot to
> /dev/ttyUSB1
>
> On DEVFS you link to the USB entries there, Unfortunatly, I do this on
> my notebook, which happens to be at work right now and I'm home sick :(
>
> The thing to remember is the actual device nodes you link to don't exist
> until you presses the hotsync button on the handheld or cradle
>
> For my handpring Visor prism I also have to have usb-uhci.o,visor.o, and
> usbserial.o loaded.
>
> When running with or J-pilot the thing to remember is to hit the hotsync
> first then hit the sync button in J-pilot.  I your are using gpilotd
> just hit the hotsync button.
>
> I can give you more details when I get to work tommorow (hopefully I'll
> feel beter)
>
> Also there a really good site called http://usbvisor.sourceforge.net
> that has all the details, you may be able to adapt some for the clie
>
> Joe
>

> On Wed, 2003-02-26 at 22:02, Arthur S. Alexion wrote:
>

> > No, no, no.  I have sync'ed a serial handheld successfully, just need
> > the differences with the USB device if any.  This is the first USB
> > device I have ever used for anything.
> >

> > Joseph B. Welsh <jwelsh@WelshWorks.com>
> > WelshWorks Enterprises Inc

Art Alexion                         ""-""
mailto:arthur@alexion.com           (©¿©)
AIM:aalexion                         «o»
SMS:                                  v
2679725536@messaging.sprintpcs.com