Mike Leone on Sun, 2 Mar 2003 23:37:12 -0500

[plug-announce] PLUG Meeting announcement - March 5, 2003 - "Lightning Round" talks

 PLUG  --  The Philadelphia area Linux Users Group
       Cordially invites you to our next meeting

 Wednesday March 5, 2003 @  The University of the Sciences

             in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

 The topic of this month's meeting is a special "multi-topic" meeting. This
month, we will have a series of 6 "Lightning Round" presentations - these
are short, 5-10 minutes talks on a variety of topics, from a variety of
speakers.

Specifically, this month's topics and speakers are:

1. Running X apps remotely		 Steven Gran
2. File locking tips and traps		 Mark Jason Dominus
3. Debian Packaging Basics		 John Lavin
4. Awk one-liners			 Jeff Abrahamson
5. Using GPG				 Mike Leone
6. How to create a daemon		 Walt Mankowski

 The meeting will take place from 7PM - 9PM, at:

 University of the Sciences in Philadelphia (USP)
 Rosenberger Hall, Room 102
 600 South 43rd Street
 Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495

 This is in the University City area; directions are available at:
 http://www.phillylinux.org/locations/usp.html. The University is also easily
 accessible by public transportation.

 Room 102 (our usual meeting location) has professional grade AV presentation
 equipment, as well as power and Ethernet connections at every seat, so feel
 free to bring your laptop (configured for DHCP addressing). Room capacity is
 approximately 90.

 There will be an open Q&A session from 7-8PM, and then the presentation
 starts at 8PM. This is an open meeting; all are welcome, and encouraged to
 attend.

 Usually, a number of members get together after the meeting at a nearby
 resturant, for food and perhaps a beer or two. Come join the camadarie!