W. Chris Shank on Tue, 04 Mar 2003 11:30:32 -0500

Re: [PLUG] CDROM making me crazy

Did you set the CDROM back to the Master? Sometimes - when an IDE drive is
the only device on a bus - it doesn't even want to be jumpered as Master -
so I remove the jumper all together (or jumper it across the top pins of
master & slave).

Are you sure the cdrom modules are loading? lsmod results.

That is all I can think of right now.