Jeff Abrahamson on Fri, 7 Mar 2003 16:21:05 -0500

Re: [PLUG] mozilla goes south, huge fonts in menu

On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 02:53:19PM -0500, Jeff Abrahamson wrote:
> After a power outage, I restart mozilla and the menu fonts are
> enormous, 100 point or more. The browser (html rendered stuff) comes
> up normal, but there's precious little of it for all the menus and
> control bars.
>
> I try mv'ing ~/.mozilla to ~/.mozilla_bak, and relaunching mozilla,
> but now I get what I imagine is the first-time launch configuration
> dialog. The fonts are so big that I can't do anything, not even answer
> the question, because I only see a few words on my 20" monitor the
> type is so big.
>
> OK, so it's not in ~/.mozilla, and I don't find anything suspicious in
> my environment that would ask for such a thing. Any ideas what might
> be happening or how to fix it?

Stranger and stranger. Galeon has correctly sized menus, but the text
search controls (text entry and buttons) are enormous when displaying
http://www.google.com. Indeed, the problem for galeon seems to be just
form elements.

This is very strange.

--