Jeff Abrahamson on Fri, 7 Mar 2003 18:51:05 -0500

Re: [PLUG] mozilla goes south, huge fonts in menu

On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 04:14:59PM -0500, Jeff Abrahamson wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 02:53:19PM -0500, Jeff Abrahamson wrote:
> > After a power outage, I restart mozilla and the menu fonts are
> > enormous, 100 point or more. The browser (html rendered stuff) comes
> > up normal, but there's precious little of it for all the menus and
> > control bars.
> >
> > I try mv'ing ~/.mozilla to ~/.mozilla_bak, and relaunching mozilla,
> > but now I get what I imagine is the first-time launch configuration
> > dialog. The fonts are so big that I can't do anything, not even answer
> > the question, because I only see a few words on my 20" monitor the
> > type is so big.
> >
> > OK, so it's not in ~/.mozilla, and I don't find anything suspicious in
> > my environment that would ask for such a thing. Any ideas what might
> > be happening or how to fix it?
>
> Stranger and stranger. Galeon has correctly sized menus, but the text
> search controls (text entry and buttons) are enormous when displaying
> http://www.google.com. Indeed, the problem for galeon seems to be just
> form elements.
>
> This is very strange.

Hmm, this is looking very much like bug 63316, many times closed, but
opened just once more of late. I suspect apt-get dist-upgrade upgraded
mozilla, but I didn't get to see the changes until I relaunched
mozilla on reboot.

Grumble, grumble. Time for dinner...

--
 Jeff