Jeff Abrahamson on Mon, 10 Mar 2003 11:52:20 -0500

Re: [PLUG] mozilla goes south, huge fonts in menu

On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 06:28:48PM -0500, Martin DiViaio wrote:

> It sounds like something is hosed in the XF86Config file or in your font
> directories.
>
> If you are using one of the X login clients, reboot the system into
> runlevel 3 then start X manually with:
>
> startx > .xerrors 2>&1
>
> Once X is up, look at the .xerrors file and see if X is complaining about
> problems with your FontPath directives.

I did this, but it didn't reveal anything interesting. But mozilla was
working fine, no weird font problems.

Near as I can tell the only difference is that this time xfs didn't
restart. (I don't normally pay attention, but I know it's not
necessary under XFree86 4.x.)

I shut down X, logged out, and restarted xdm. Again, all works fine,
no xfs.

I don't understand, but I'm happy.

--
 Jeff