Steven Tomcavage on Mon, 10 Mar 2003 14:27:04 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Home Networking Question

>> So, that leaves the option of a wireless router or multiple IPs. Do
>> Comcast or Verizon even offer packages with multiple IPs? I priced
>> Speakeasy and it came up $149.95/month as the cheapest, which is out
>> of my league. Does anyone have experience using a wireless router
>> between three stories?
>
> $149 for Speakeasy seems rather high, unless you went with a business
> rather than residential package?  Speakeasy generally runs $50/mo for a
> base 784/128 ADSL line with either one or two static IP's (depends on
> the package.)  1.5M/384 lines are usually in the $90-100/me range.
> Additonal IP's for an existing account are $2.95/mo each.

I entered my new address on their online form and it came back with
$149/month. According to the results, for residential service:

"You are 4900 feet from your neighborhood CO, you are eligible for the
following Broadband services."

The only option listed is SDSL.

The default list ("Classic") of available pagkages go from 1.5 Mbps
up/down at $299/month to 384 Kbps up/down at $149/month. But if I click on
the "Sysadmin" or "Gamer" categories, I get a price at 384 Kbps up/down of
$119/month.

Why would ASDL not appear in my list of options? As far as I can tell, I'm
within ASDL distance.

-Steven Tomcavage